Preparing YOUR trail experience.
1. How demanding is the Höfe Trail?
It is a hiking trail that is also suitable for beginners and walkers, but it is not always wheelchair accessible or suitable for prams. The walk does not require any special mountain experience and runs through the permanent settlement area, along meadows and forest.
2. How fit do I have to be to go on the Höfe Trail?
Daily walking times of up to 4h30, ascents and descents of up to 650 metres altitude and distances of up to 12 km do not usually present much of a challenge for reasonably active people.
4. Who is the Höfe Trail suitable for?
Most of the paths of the Höfe Trail are footpaths. It is not a mountain bike route. In some sections mountain bikes are in fact not allowed. But: the Drauradweg and the Iselradweg path invite you to go on relaxed cycling trips in East Tyrol.
5. How do I find suitable accommodation along the Höfe Trail? There are two options:
There are two options:
– You can find accommodation on the Höfe Trail website under menu item “Accommodation”.
– You book via the Höfe Trail Info & Booking Centre, which takes care of the booking process for your hiking trip. Please note: during high season (July, August) there may be capacity bottlenecks at some locations.
7. Is camping allowed along the Höfe Trails?
Unfortunately, it isn’t! As in all of Austria, camping without the consent of the landowner is prohibited by law.
8. Can I take my dog on the Höfe Trail?
Yes, but the following must be taken into account:
– Keep your dog under control at all times, pay special attention when there us grazing cattle nearby! – Unfortunately, you cannot bring dogs along to the Farm partners of the Höfe Trail. – Not all accommodation establishments accept dogs. Before booking, please let us know whether you will have your four-legged friend with you.
9. How do I get there?
By train: You can use the following railway stations: Sillian railway station or Heinfels im Pustertal railway station. The Höfe Trail is signposted from both railway stations.
By car: There is a small public car park is located at the starting point of the first leg, in the hamlet of Hollbruck in the municipality of Kartitsch, in St. Oswald and at Sillian railway station (Park & Ride).
By plane: We recommend the following international airports: Innsbruck, Salzburg, Klagenfurt.
The Höfe Trail info & booking centre is happy to organise your shuttle from/to the railway station, airport or car park.